Capt Hilbert Fernandez
Aiden Marine Consultants & Surveyors Pte Ltd
Specialty – Advance Maritime Simulator Trainer and Power Boat Trainer
Education and Qualification –
Master Mariner – COC 1
- Master Mariner 11 years of sea-going experience with the several Singapore based shipping companies including Pacific International Lines, Sembawang Johnson and Thong Soon Shipping before joining the Port of Singapore Authority (PSA) as a Port State Control Inspector.
- Joined the Port of Singapore Authority (PSA) in 1993 concurrently as a Marine Officer for Enforcement and a Port State Control (PSC) inspector with the then Marine Department. In 1997, I was transferred to the Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA) as a Marine Officer.
- marine emergencies; contingency planning and organizing national level exercises for oil pollution; chemical spills, and search-and-rescue. Accident Investigation of vessels within Singapore Port Waters and appeared in the courts as an expert witness for two major accidents.
- In 2001, transferred to MPA’s Training Division and appointed as a Lecturer at the Integrated Simulation Centre to conduct a whole ambit of courses for both MPA’s staff as well as ship’s staff.
- The courses included the mandatory courses, Command Assessment, BRM / BTM courses, VTS training, crisis management, and safe navigation for harbour craft, passenger ferries and ocean going vessels. In MPA, I have trained 75 VTS Operators and 25 VTS Supervisors for Singapore’s VTS.
- In 2006, left MPA and start up his own company specializes in advance simulator based courses
- Deck officers
- Shore personnel in shipping companies
- Port Authorities and VTS Operators
- METS’ clients include NOL, AET, APMoller, Goodwood, Teekay Marine (Singapore) Pte Ltd and PentaOcean.
- From 2008 to 2012 he was engaged by Penta-Ocean for the project RECLAMATION FOR PASIR PANJANG TERMINAL PHASES 3 & 4 to act as their Marine Consultant to advise the contractor and prepare the necessary STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURES (SOPs) as required by MPA and in compliance with MPA’s rules and regulations.
- SOPs for Marine Traffic Coordinators to coordinate vessel movements and maintaining proper communication with all vessels involved in the dredging and dumping operations
- Training plan for Marine Traffic Coordinators
- Draw up routes to take to & from the working areas
- Actions to take including reporting procedures before, during and on arrival.
- In case of emergencies the necessary actions to take.
- From June 2017 to June 2018 he is now engaged by Toa Corporation for the project CONSTRUCTION OF BREAKWATER OFF TMFT to act as their Marine Consultant to advise the contractor and prepare the necessary STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURES (SOPs) as required by MPA and in compliance with MPA’s rules and regulations.